Summer Camps | 2021
We are so excited to welcome the energy of LyricKids back to Green Tree Drive this summer, for two sessions of camp! Both camps will conclude with performances on the Marjorie Howe Stage here at the Lyric Creative Space. Tuition tops out at $310 for either session of camp, and we encourage you to contact the Lyric office if you have questions or concerns about payment.
Click the link below access our 2021 registration form. Please return your materials promptly, as there are limited slots available. If you are registering siblings, please note that every camper needs their own completed registration form. You may scan and email your registration form to email@example.com or print and send via our physical mailing address at 7 Green Tree Drive | South Burlington, VT 05403.
Session I | Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 23
“Oh, the thinks you can think” when Dr. Seuss’ best-loved characters collide and cavort in an unforgettable musical caper! Seussical KIDS is fun for the whole family, exploring themes of friendship, loyalty, family and community. Our young performers will have the opportunity to portray a wide array of characters from the familiar Dr. Seuss fables.
Session II | Monday, July 25 – Friday, July 29
This session of camp will provide our young performers with the opportunity to take part in the conception and creation of the show they present at the end of the week. Expect a mix of favorites from the Broadway catalog, and exciting surprises from the minds of our campers and staff!
Camp begins each day promptly at 9:00 am and ends at 4:00 pm at Lyric Theatre’s Creative Space at 7 Green Tree Drive in South Burlington. (Supervision is not available before 8:30 or after 4:10, so please plan accordingly.) Each session of camp will host a performance at the Lyric Creative Space at 2:00 pm on Friday. The performance is free, but due to current health guidelines, each camper can have no more than 2 guests in attendance.
Please ask your child to remember to bring the following items to camp every day. All items should be labeled and not shared amongst campers:
- Lunch, at least 2 snacks, and a water bottle!
- A mask that your child feels comfortable dancing and playing in.
- If your child needs an inhaler, medicine, etc. please label clearly and discuss with our Executive Director on the first day of camp at check-in.
- A pencil (or two or three) to mark your script. A highlighter is helpful too.
- A mid-sized box labeled with your name—this will hold your everyday belongings and other things you bring from home.
- A well-rested, well-fed, wide awake brain. Schedule sleepovers for another week—you need all your energy for camp!
- Shoes and clothes in which you can move easily and safely. NO FLIP FLOPS OR BARE FEET! Wear clothes that can get dirty or bring in a paint smock.
Safety and Health
Lyric has changed several things about our summer camps to comply with all public health guidelines, including reducing the number of students in each camp.
Lyric will provide:
- Temperature taking upon arrival and at lunch (by the Executive Director).
- Handwashing stations
- Hand sanitizers
- Paper towels and tissues
- Rehearsals that are spaced out for social-distancing.
- All members of the artistic/camp team will wear masks throughout the day.
- All high touch camp areas will be disinfected each night.
- Thorough cleaning/disinfecting will be done professionally before each camp
Campers are asked to:
- Provide and wear their own mask at camp.
- Bring all their own items and not share with friends.
Family Members of campers are asked to:
- Please let us know if anyone in your home is sick, and keep your child home if they may have had contact with someone who is sick.
- Stay outside the Lyric Creative Space at all times, until our Friday performance.
- For the Friday performance we will need the names of the two (2) people attending in advance, they will need to wear masks while in the building, and will need to have their temperature taken before entering.
If guidance from the State of Vermont changes prior to camp, we will update these procedures and communicate with families directly.
We are still looking to hire a junior counselor for both sessions of camp. Please see a job description via the link below for information about the position and how to apply.