Ring in the New Year with Burlington Does Broadway, a special collaboration between Lyric Theatre Company, The Flynn Center for the Performing Arts, and The Vermont Symphony Orchestra. Join us for a one-night-only performance of song and dance dedicated to the bright lights of Broadway, featuring beloved classics and contemporary hits to celebrate our triumphant return to the Flynn Main Stage.
Artistic Director: Doris O’Brien
Music Director: Howie Kalfus
Conductor: Benjamin Klemme
Choreographer: Sue Bailey
Assistant Choreographer: Margaret Welch
Rehearsal Pianist: Craig Hilliard
Please read below for some notes about auditioning for Burlington Does Broadway as a singer or dancer. Stay tuned to this page and Lyric’s social media accounts for more information as it becomes available.
- You must be at least 16 years old at the time of your audition.
- In accordance with Lyric Theatre Company policy, you must submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate as a volunteer in any capacity.
- At this time we are asking that anyone entering the Lyric Creative Space wear a facial covering.
- Vocal auditions are not required to be considered for a dance number, and dance auditions are not required to be considered for a vocal solo or chorus part.
- Please carefully review the “Schedule Commitment” section of your audition form before submitting.
CLICK HERE FOR THE AUDITION FORM!
- Please prepare and sing 32 bars of a musical theatre song that showcases your strengths as a singer, and attach a video of your selection to your audition form.
- Vocal auditions may be performed a cappella or with a track of your choosing.
- Vocal auditions must be submitted using the online audition form by Friday, October 1 at 5:00 pm.
- Please fill out the audition form and select the date and time you would like to attend a dance call (Thursday, September 30 at 6:00 pm or Sunday, October 3 at 11:00 am).
- Those auditioning will be taught two combinations: one jazz and one tap. You may choose to audition with one or both styles.
- Please wear appropriate dance wear, and bring flat or heeled jazz shoes and/or tap shoes.
Friday | December 31, 2021 at 7:30
Flynn Main Stage, Burlington